Sunday, August 26, 2007

Introduction Assignment 1

My name is Renee Gonzalez, I was born and raised in Houston Texas, and I am currently a sophomore at UH. I go to school full time, and I am currently undecided on my major. I’m not too sure what I want to do anymore. When I first started school I knew I wanted to be a pharmacist, but as time has progressed, my mind has changed many times. I work at Chase bank as a part time teller, which is interesting to say the least; I deal with the craziest customers all the time and I am currently in transition in becoming a lead teller. I am taking this class for the second time because when I took it at community college; I did not give it my all. I barely passed with a "c" because I procrastinated and put off writing two of the assignments. I know I am capable of doing much better. I have taken writing courses in high school as well as in college. I have taken English 1304 here at the University of Houston, as well as a writing intensive philosophy course. I do not particularly enjoy writing, but I know how to, and once I get motivated I think I can write decent papers. I think I have a strong foundation in grammar and the English language, and I am able to express myself well in my writing. I just do not enjoy writing; it is too abstract for my taste. In this course, I hope to receive an A, as well as maybe learn to like writing a little more. I am an easy student, I do my work and if I have questions I ask, I am not hard to teach and I am a quick learner. I think this will be a great semester.

No comments: